Can't get to our group classes or prefer to learn alone or with a friend/as a couple? Our popular bespoke private classes are perfect for you.
Private classes can be tailor-made to your requirements, whether you are a total beginner or want to take your photography to the next stage. You will have the close attention of your teacher who will move at a pace that you feel comfortable with.
You can choose whether to take your class as two separate two-hour sessions or as one half-day (four-hour) session.
Private classes are currently available on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings subject to availability – please note that these classes are very popular and tend to get booked up a few weeks in advance.
[tabby title=”What will I learn?”]
A sample class agenda:
1) How to find and use light
You will be amazed at how much you can improve your photography by learning how to find and use available light. We can experiment with different light sources and borrow some deceptively simple techniques from the pro’s to make sure your children look gorgeous in your photos.
2) How to take control of your camera
When you learn to control your camera, the magic begins. I’ll guide you gently through the modes, dials and settings you actually need as a parent photographer. We can practice some essential skills such as how to focus more accurately and what settings to use for different lighting scenarios. We can look at how you achieve beautiful creative effects such as images with blurry backgrounds.
3) How to tell your family story
The Small Beans ethos is to help parents to recognise the beauty of their everyday family lives and to capture it truthfully and beautifully through their photographs. My classes aren’t just about your camera – they are designed to inspire YOU and give you the confidence you need to tell your unique story.
4) Editing, storing, printing and choosing equipment
Are you drowning in thousands of photos you are worried aren’t stored or backed up properly? Do you want to learn more about photo editing and how to bring out the best in your photos after they have been taken? Or need advice on the most suitable equipment for your needs? Any or all of these things can be covered in your private session.
[tabby title=”What’s included?”]
- Four hours of face-to-face tuition in the privacy of your own home
- A bespoke class specially developed for your needs
- An exclusive keyring booklet to keep in your camera bag containing important memory-joggers
- Detailed digital course sheets to download after the session
- Personal follow-on support and review of photo assignment after class
- A one-hour follow-up session (using Skype) to review your progress and to discuss any issues you are having
- Access to a student-only low-cost photo mentoring service to allow students to continue to learn and improve
Private classes can either be taken in your own home or at my home in Cowfold, near Horsham. I will travel to any home within 10 miles of central Horsham free of additional charge. If your home is more than 10 miles, there will be an extra charge of 50p per additional mile to cover my time and extra travel expenses, payable on the day of the class.
What happens next?
You can book a private class using the link at the top of this page. When I receive your booking I’ll contact you to arrange a convenient time and date, and to discuss where you would like your class to take place and what you would like to cover.